Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The No-Nonsense Camille Paglia

Dick Cavett - in a desperate attempt to cut through the fog of obscurity that has settled on him - recently wrote a smarmy hit piece on Sarah Palin: trite, condescending, saturated with grammatically and syntactically-perfect ignorance. The estimable Camille Paglia, however, was having none of it. By the time she got through with Cavett, I imagine that he hurried home to Nebraska to show everybody his new a$$hole (H/T, incidentally, to Don Surber).

The piece on Cavett begins with the eleventh paragraph. In the first part of the article, Paglia puzzles over Obama's choice of Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State. I have to admit, the Club of the Puzzled is a large one, and I include myself as a member. I tried to warn Obama off this decision, but he didn't listen...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Lord! That was in Salon? Camille deserves an attaboy for that fine column. ALL of it, even if I don't agree with her 100%.

As for Cavett -- he's living proof that some authorities ought to be put out to pasture with a muzzle.