Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Nothing to See Here...



David Axelrod: Did I say dat Barack Obama was gonna talk wid Blagojevich about appointin' his replacement in da Senate, Mr. Emmanuel?

Rahm Emmanuel: Why, moicy me, Mr. Axelrod, I believe yez did. But what I'm bettin' is, youse was mistaken.

Axelrod: Youse have went and hit da nail right on da head, Mr. Emmanuel. I was mistaken. I was prolly distracted by da lights in da news studio, or maybe da swell set-a gams on da make-up goil. If only I hadda knew what I was sayin', I wouldn't even hadda said it.

Emmanuel: Absolutely, Mr. Axelrod. Just a mix-up; just one-a dem tings, ya know?

Axelrod: Truer woids was never spoke, Mr. Emmanuel. I am so glad dat I have been able to clear up dis little fox pus, so's every ting is now, once again, completely jake.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you enjoy using these old movie scenes(bravo!) may I humbly suggest one of the George Raft coin flipping scenes for a future post. That scene, with the cig dangling from his mouth, would have to be perfect for something.

Paco said...

I have, in fact, been looking for precisely that, Yojimbo!

Paco said...

Oh, BTW: this particular photo is of two of Al Capone's real-life torpedoes.

Anonymous said...

Folks, in a similar vein, have a look at these pics from a recent funeral in Sydney's main Catholic cathedral of a local personality:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/gallery/0,22056,5035191-5010140-7,00.html

Interesting place Sydney.

Anonymous said...

The one on the right looks like Dick Grasso ex of the NYSE. Can't fool me! You sure you didn't mean TARPS instead of torpedoes!? Easy mistake to make:)

You can always use the scene from "Farewell My Lovely" with "Kino" or "Keno" right before he pops Bogart with the fist full of coins. Less iconic, but what the heck.

Anonymous said...

It is precisely the sort of image that comes to mind isn't it. Ha!

Paco said...

The two guys in the photo are Louis Clementi and Philip Mangano, a couple of Capone's gunmen.

Paco said...

Bruce: That's quite a wholesome-looking group!

Anonymous said...

"Kiss of Death", the scene where Tommy Udo pushes the old lady inna wheelchair down the stairs.

Anonymous said...

"this Blagojevich is jus some guy who lives in da neighbourhood, right?"