Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Paco Khan"...I Like It!

Frank J maps out a viable future for Republicans (H/T: Captain Heinrichs).

I applaud Frank's strategy of luring moderates back into the Party, to be used later as slave labor (or, in extreme situations, as food), but I draw the line at Arlen Specter. In the first place, I don't think you'd be able to get any work out of him, and in the second place, the mere thought of barbecued Specter wings puts me completely off my feed.

Update: Seriously, if the GOP wants a new lease on life, it needs to start boosting the careers of people like Marco Rubio. Check out The Other McCain for a video showing this dynamic and eloquent young man in action.

Update II: In the matter of The People vs. Charlie Crist, the Prosecution rests.

4 comments:

JeffS said...

There's something about "liberal, cannibal mutants " that seems so......appropriate. And that was before Janeane Garofalo joined Air America.

mojo said...

Gee, can I be known by the sobriquet of "Mighty Mojo, The Destroyer of Liberals"?

I already have the t-shirt, if that helps.

Yojimbo said...

I heard that the Obamas were thinking of naming their dog "Garofalo".

Well we better get on gettin' on because times a wasting while the Republican Party searches for its core beliefs. We need an effective counter message and we need it now, democracy is really at stake here.

We need someone with a consistent message that will resonate with the people on a common sense basis. That was the beauty of Reagan. He articulated a basic message that resonated with the American people. With his eloquent simplicity he brought people to him, he didn't go to them. Polls show that his "I'm from the government and I'm here to help" message is still alive and well in America as people are still fearful of an overarching government as they still don't believe that government is the solution to our problems.

richard mcenroe said...

I remember that great line of Paco Khan's from the John Milius movie:
"No one will remember who voted here today. All they will remember is that two voted against many."

And Obama said, "I still won."