Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Announcing the Formation of a Committee to Piss on Larry David

Who knows? If we get enough volunteers, we may be able to establish a full-fledged "Society".

David - whom I've never heard of, but don't go by me - went on an episode of the HBO program, "Curb Your Enthusiasm", and pissed on a picture of Jesus.

Wow, what courage that must have taken! Imagine how he must now be living in fear for his life from the mobs of outraged believers of the Catholic League and the Southern Baptist Convention. It's amazing the way that liberals and other cultural nihilists only mock the beliefs of people they can pretty reasonably assume won't cut their heads off, film the proceedings and put the result up on some jihadi web site. It's the dull-edged edginess of the oh so careful and oh so selective left-wing hater.

You really want to do "edgy", Larry? Piss on a picture of Mohammed. Maybe you can get the Unitarians to give you sanctuary.

Update: Dan Collins is way ahead of me.

7 comments:

cac said...

Paco, you are being terribly unfair. I'm sure the Mohammedan micturition will happen as soon as possible, after all this is an edgy out there artist who is prepared to sacrifice everything for this art. Obviously a couple of errands to run first, need to do some work around the house and he has always been intending to master bridge, can't do everything at once you know. But I'm sure any day now. Look, perhaps we should stop waiting and he'll let us know when he gets around to it.

Paco said...

You're quite right, old top. Can't rush these things, I suppose. And who knows? The poor devil may have a blocked urethra or something (if urethra's the word I want).

cac said...

And I meant it to sting! (sorry, but I couldn't resist the general Wodehousian vibe combined with Larry David's blocked urethra - although Paco I will thank you not to make me dwell on this particular part Mr David's body again).

Paco said...

Bwaha! I always loved that line. And another one, where Bertie's having an argument with someone on the phone (probably one of his aunts): "I rose to my full height to express indignation. Wasted, of course, since I was talking on the telephone."

Carol said...

Larry David has kidney stones? Too bad. I've been told they hurt like a mother....

Anyway, I'm sure he'll get to that Mohammedan thing once the stone passes. Ofcourse, he'll need plenty of rest first. Can't rush these things.

O/T Thank you for the earlier link.

TimT said...

It's a pretty funny show. The storylline is usually about how offensive and selfish Larry David's character (an inner-city Manhattan yuppie) is, and chances are that's how the joke was set up in this one as well.

kc said...

I often get reminders of why I don't watch television. Thanks for this latest!