Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Casual Attire Acceptable

Obama’s senior staff meeting.

Obama: All right, everybody, let’s get started. Rahm, you look like you have something to say.

Emanuel: Oh, hell yeah! I think we’re finally starting to get some traction with those f*****g blue dogs in the House, and as soon as we can con them into voting for the Senate bill…

Obama [holds up a commanding hand]: No, I meant that maybe you’d like to explain why you’re sitting there in the nude.

Emaunel: Oh, that. I just got out of the shower.

Obama: What, you don’t have any towels?

Emanuel: Don’t need ‘em. I shook myself thoroughly before entering the room.

Biden: Rahm, you’re lowering the dignity of this meeting.

Obama: You’re absolutely right, Joe. If only he had thought to wear an orange wig and a plastic red nose.

Biden: Oops! Sorry. I forgot to take them off when I got back from my trip to Israel, where I was rejuvenating the peace process.

Obama: How did that go, by the way?

Biden: Uh…Say, I’ll just run down the hall and get Rahm a bathrobe [gets out of his chair and jogs out of the room, the sound of floppy clown shoes slapping on the floor receding into the distance]

Obama [noticing Robert Gibbs sticking a pipe in his mouth] Uh-uh, Robert. I’d like to smoke, too, but Michelle’s been on me about it like…like…

Emanuel: Like stink on s**t?

Obama [glares at Emanuel]: Like fruit flies on a banana; she doesn’t want anybody else smoking around me, either.

Gibbs: Not to worry, Mr. P. [blows into his pipe, which overflows with bubbles; giggles hysterically]

Obama [sighs]: Ok, Robert, I heard that you took another shot at the Supreme Court at the press conference - which is fine by me – but did you have to wear the t-shirt with the picture of Chief Justice Roberts done up in a Joker face? And what does the word “SCROTUS” mean?

Gibbs [giggling again]: That stands for “Supreme Chief Retard of the United States”; it’s also suggestive of “scrotum”. Tee-hee-hee!! And I’ve ordered nine whoopee cushions for the next State of the Union address.

Obama: Let’s try to be mature about this, shall we? I think one whoopee cushion, for the Chief Justice, sends the right message without encroaching on bad taste. Well, if there’s nothing else, let’s call it a day. I’m on the road again tomorrow to sell my health care plan. Oh, and David. Somebody hacked into my teleprompter when I was giving my spiel in Missouri or wherever it was and the damned thing began running text from one of Billy Mays’ old television commercials.

Axelrod: Ah! That would explain why the White House switchboard has been lighting up with calls from people wanting to buy Oxy-Clean. I’ll get right on it, Mr. President.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best description of Obama and Co. is "Sham Wow"!

Deborah Leigh

Paco said...

And the lady wins a box of chocolates!

JeffS said...

Hey, Deborah, try Bam-Wow!.

Great minds, etc.

JeffS said...

Y'know, Paco, it's stunning to watch a bunch of adults melt down in such a public fashion. Thank God for YouTube.

RebeccaH said...

Check under the table. They're all wearing clown shoes.

Paco said...

Good find, Jeff!

smitty1e said...

Well done, sir.

Anonymous said...

Paco, you are a JENIUS!