Monday, March 29, 2010

You go, girl!

Maria Conchita Alonso, former Miss Venezuela and Sean Penn's co-star in the 1988 movie, Colors, has written an open letter to Penn, criticizing his sheer idiocy on the subject of Hugo Chavez.
"Dear Sean, WHY?" she begins. "Even though I have great respect for your artistic talent, I was appalled by a recent television interview where you vigorously showed support for the regime of Hugo Chavez. Therefore, I've decided to set the record straight for you regarding the Chavez regime, supporting my case based not only on my political ideologies, but on proven facts you choose to ignore. Otherwise, I believe your position would be different."
She will undoubtedly find Admiral Penn's ignorance and prejudice impermeable, but I'm glad she called him out.

Update: Friend and commenter Jeff S. has found the full text of Alonso's letter.

Update II: Hey, kudos to Andy Garcia, too.

7 comments:

JeffS said...

The sad thing about that Yahoo! article is that there was no link to her open letter. Lots of quotes, no links. Which I found to be a problem, since I wanted to read it.

Well, problem solved. No thanks to the author of that article.

And $5 sez Sean Penn totally ignores her letter, the scurilous louse.

Paco said...

Nice work, Jeff!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff, I'll see you and up the ante to all the money Sean makes from his next movie that he ignores her. Conservative author and radio talk show host Larry Elder likes to say, "Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman."

Deborah Leigh

Anonymous said...

The news footage, years ago of young Venezuelans who were protesting the Chavez power grab, dropping(knees folding, dropping in a heap)with bullets through their brains, that told me all I needed to know about this bastard, Chavez.

Those kids were just that: kids;
maybe 17-20, peacefully protesting.

And to top it all, Chavez blamed his opposition for the deaths.

Chavez: a vile, vile bastard.

Mike_W

RebeccaH said...

Wait a minute! You mean people whose families (or those who have themselves) lived through totalitarian tyranny know more than Hollywood film critics? Next, you'll be telling me Sean Penn is a limousine liberal pseudo-Marxist.

Paco said...

Next, you'll be telling me Sean Penn is a limousine liberal pseudo-Marxist.

Rebeccah, I want you to steel yourself against this news, but...

Minicapt said...

Why the Pseudo?

Cheers