Monday, July 5, 2010

Whither the NRA?

The NRA is apparently flirting with the idea of endorsing Harry Reid.

Yes, I understand that there's some "inside baseball" going on. The theory is that if the Democrats retain control of the Senate, it would be better to have Reid in charge than Chuck Schumer.

But is Reid really a big Second Amendment supporter? 84 rules has a rundown on Reid's votes over the years on gun control legislation. You make the call.

Richard McEnroe in the comments: "Hard enough to keep RINO's in your sights without using them as your gunbearers."

4 comments:

richard mcenroe said...

Wither the NRA.

FTFY

They don't get a dime from me again until they get off this trainwreck.

Hard enough to keep RINO's in your sights without using them as your gunbearers.

Anonymous said...

It's clear - to me, anyway - that this "better Reid than Schumer" theory is as big a bunch of baloney as gerbil worming. Reid hasn't voted IN FAVOR OF the Second Amendment and We The People at all, if I read 84 rules' list correctly.

In fact, I see just the opposite.

Agree, Richard. My NRA membership doesn't run out till next May, but I'll go with Gun Owners of America, too.

JeffS said...

Yeah, the NRA is doing some log rolling of their own. Unfortunately.

Richard, I've already told the NRA that if they endorse Reid, they won't see another renewal from me. He's one of the biggest anti-gun moonbats in Congress today.

Their response? A fuzzy wuzzy e-mail that wouldn't teeter either way.

If they want to leverage his desparation for concessions, I can deal with that. But this is getting downright ugly -- Reid stands for everything the NRA is against. If they endorse Reid, the NRA may not cease to exist, but it will certainly drop down in size and influence.

If they don't endorse anyone, I won't be happy, but I won't quit either. However, I won't be quiet as well. They WILL hear my displeasure at their supping with the Devil.

missred said...

i wont be renewing my nra membership until i hear back from them on this. i am sure i will get the same response as jeffs but i have written nonetheless