Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Another member of Obama’s Larynx Brain Trust departs

Larry Summers, President Obama’s top economic adviser, will shortly be hitting the trail, returning to Harvard where he will profess at future generations of larval-stage government bureaucrats, thus guaranteeing an endless supply of hallucinatory policy wonks, constitutional relativists, incompetent social architects, and PowerPoint revolutionists to beset and bedevil the truly productive members of our nation for decades to come.

I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say,


“Helluva job, Larry!”

5 comments:

bruce said...

'"I'm one of your middle class Americans. And quite frankly, I'm exhausted. Exhausted of defending you, defending your administration, defending the mantle of change that I voted for," a woman told President Obama at a town hall.

"My husband and I have joked for years that we thought we were well beyond the hot dogs and beans era of our lives, but, quite frankly, it's starting to knock on our door and ring true that that might be where we're headed again, and, quite frankly, Mr. President, I need you to answer this honestly. Is this my new reality?," she added.'

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/09/20/cnbc_town_hall_questioner_to_obama_im_exhausted_of_defending_you.html

Hot dogs and beans? It sounds pretty bad.

Paco said...

Actually, I'm pretty fond of hot dogs and beans - but not as a steady diet, of course.

I wonder who was in charge of vetting that crowd in the video you linked? I bet whoever it was ain't in charge no mo'!

Anonymous said...

Rush played that soundbite yesterday. This woman was pleading for an answer, an explanation, SOMETHING she could use in his defense, she gave The Current Occupant the PERFECT opportunity to state his case...and he didn't. I bet she's not sleeping well this week.

RebeccaH said...

Didn't that "deep throat insider" of a few days back predict that the rats would soon start deserting the ship? Rahm wants to be mayor of Chicago, and now Larry wants to be a bearded academic again. I wonder who's next.

Paco said...

Rebecca: I kinda wish Barry would develop an overwhelming desire to immediately return to community organizing, but that's just wishful thinking.