Monday, May 23, 2011

An election message from Stacy McCain

And the importance of this observation cannot be overemphasized:
It is always a mistake to think of independent voters as moderates or “centrists.” It is more helpful to think of them as “low-information voters” who don’t pay much attention to politics, and whose judgments are influenced more by superficial impressions of candidates than by deeply held political beliefs.
That’s right. Our future might just wind up being determined by lazy, stupid people. So, two things become absolutely essential: (1) never miss a chance to educate a low-information voter, and (2) the rest of us need to turn out in large numbers to counteract the impact of the permanently uneducable.

Down with the moronocracy!

4 comments:

RebeccaH said...

I consider myself an independent, but not low-information. At this point, I don't see how either party rates my undivided loyalty (although in important elections, I've been ending up with the Republican lately).

JeffS said...

Rebecca, I'm not sure it would do much good, but if it was a choice on every ballot, I'd usually select "None of the above".

Paco said...

Stacy is not, of course, referring to truly independent voters who know what's going on.

Yojimbo said...

I'm a social and economic conservative that has to vote Republican. That makes me an independent of sorts. If you could register as independent in Arizona I would.