Friday, May 11, 2012

Anathema

When Satan carried Jesus to the top of the mountain, to show Him all the powers and principalities of the earth, and to offer Him the sovereignty thereof, Our Lord refused him. Apparently, when the devil offered to give Nancy Pelosi power in return for her soul, her response was, “Where do I sign?”

I have to admit that every time she opens her pie hole to assert that the Catholic faith supports what it does, in fact, explicitly condemn, it makes my blood boil. I calm myself, however, by imagining her name in place of Obadiah’s in the Bill of Excommunication that appears in that wonderful hodge-podge of a novel, Tristram Shandy (you may read the document here, if you like; scroll down to 2.IV)

2 comments:

bruce said...

Wow. Well cursed.

RebeccaH said...

Here's a thought: in the afterlife, perhaps God will take away all her Botox treatments. Her eyebrows will be decorating her chin.