Saturday, October 6, 2012

Great moments in golf

"Former world number three Paul Casey had his ball stolen by a dog while lining up an eagle putt during the second round of the Dunhill Links Championship on Friday."

Unfortunately, the few times I've committed golf, I never had such a convenient excuse.

Update: Here's a link with a picture of the dog caught in the act.

Update II: Sweet! Ed Driscoll, posting at Instapundit, digs up my old comment about the clothes having no emperor (H/T to Spiny Norman in the comments for bringing it to my attention).

9 comments:

rinardman said...

The links equivalent of the dog ate my homework.

"I would've been under par, but a dog ran off with my clubs!"

JeffS said...

Maybe the dog should work for the Democrats?

"The dog stole our budget!"

missred said...

It is the dog's fault Oblahblah did so poorly at the debate.

LibertyAtStake said...

Since the dog didn't mark the ball's position, Casey was surely assessed a one stroke penalty, no?

Minicapt said...

He did mark the ball's position, but it was unplayable.

Cheers

Spiny Norman said...

Great Moments in Paco Enterprises History:

The Clothes Have No Emperor.

You shoulda copyrighted it.

Anonymous said...

Deborah said ... Wow, that course is really tough what with the unexpected hazards.

"The clothes have no emperor", begs merchandise.

Paco said...

Spiny: You're right! I'd now be putting the gold away by the sackful.

RebeccaH said...

Congrats on the Instamention, Paco!