Thursday, November 8, 2012

Going forward

I will leave the reading of election entrails to others. But since committed constitutionalists and traditionalists now seem to be in the minority – or, rather, since the upholding of our constitutional liberties, and the very concept of liberty, itself, are not as important to many voters as Obama’s posturing during the recent hurricane – I will simply stick to my role as a right-wing guerilla, focusing on pinking the left-wing beast whenever possible. Toward which end I once again cite the Paco Enterprises’ motto, borrowed from Auberon Waugh:
There are countless horrible things happening all over the world and horrible people prospering, but we must never allow them to disturb our equanimity or deflect us from our sacred duty to sabotage and annoy them whenever possible.
Need to put that in my banner.

9 comments:

Zardoz said...

Inspiring words, but I'd need much larger biceps to turn it into a decent tattoo.

Hmm, Mz. 'Doz says I'd have room to spare on my butt.

Paco said...

Ah! Wives are sometimes annoyingly observant, aren't they?

Steve Skubinna said...

Ah, wimmen... can't live with 'em, can't, uh...

Well, that pretty much sums it up, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Deborah Leigh said... That definitely needs to go on the banner, Paco. And one on your desk, maybe next to the Pogo "Knight" character to remind that sometimes those that need poking are ours. Start with any and all who suggest we compromise our values.

Zardoz, ask her if she'll hold the mirror.

Steve, didn't figure you as a lonely conservative. You gotta get out of the man cave,my friend.

kc said...

I shall be honoured to join you in that, Paco.

Banner...maybe a sign over my mailbox...

RebeccaH said...

A slogan for the ages, Paco. Or at least the next four years.

mojo said...

"Out motto is 'In Defeat, Malice. In Victory, Revenge.'"
-- Sir Humphrey, "Yes, Minister"

I predict a large jump in what might be called "Non-Official Wealth Redistribution (Armed)"

Steve Skubinna said...

Deborah, as a bachelor (well, divorced) man, my house is my own. I look upon those who claim a "man cave" as... uh, "papa whiskeys." I don't have to clear stuffed animals from my bed at night, I can grill a steak for lunch of I feel like it, if I leave a ring of cosmoline in the tub after cleaning a MILSURP firearm I do not panic (true story - and I cleaned the tub afterwards anyway), I can sit on my deck cleaning shotguns with a bottle of brown liquor at my side. If I want to watch Clint Eastwood or John Wayne I don't have to negotiate.

I congratulate you on your self reliance and poise. Tell the man in your life, from me, that he is blessed. Make strong children who will stand on their own two feet and look the statists in the eye and say "This is mine, you will not take another step." If America has a future, it belongs to them.

Paco said...

"Papa whiskeys". HAW!