Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pull!

In yet another attempt at misdirection, President Obama said, in an interview with the New Republic, that "I have a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that trace back in this country for generations."

I will keep repeating it until they pull the keyboard from my cold, dead fingers: the Second Amendment is not about the right to hunt. In any event, the president also told what I suspect is a whopper: "at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time."

Does anybody believe this? Are there any photos? The only hint we have that there is even a germ of truth in this assertion is this video showing David Axelrod firing a shotgun:



Update: A thought just occurred to me: Obama knows that skeet is not a bird or other animal, right? He's not hunting when he (allegedly) does skeet shooting - he is aware of the difference, isn't he?

12 comments:

Michael Lonie said...

I wouldn't count on it. Remember his mispronuciantion of corpsman? The common knowledge he doesn't know seems to be enormous.

Yojimbo said...


I think they play horseshoes with old Skeeter Davis 45s. "Your shot."

Yojimbo said...


I can believe that they have a trap range at Camp David and I can also believe the Secret Service agents use it a great deal.

I can't see him shouldering a 12.

rinardman said...

Someone should start a rumor amongst the lefties that Barry & Plugs are shooting pigeons, for fun.

JeffS said...

Your skepticism is well founded, Paco.

Besides, Obama's lips were moving. 'Nuff said.

Col. Milquetoast said...

Does anybody believe this? Are there any photos?

Our inquisitive media who will report practically anything because the people have a right to know but how many photos have you seen of Obama smoking a cigarette?

Obama in Lebanon, Virginia :
"When you all go home and you're talking to your buddies and you say, ah 'He wants to take my gun away.'  You've heard it here,  I'm on television so everybody knows it.  I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in people's lawful right to bear arms. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won't take your handgun away."

I also seem to remember his talk about a "net spending cut" during the debates and I'm starting to think maybe this guy thinks he is supposed to do the exact opposite of whatever he says.

Paco said...

I wonder why he thinks we won't believe it's a lie just because he said it on television? I mean, where else would he tell a lie for maximum effect?

JeffS said...

If Obama ever took a loaded firearm in hand, he either pissed his pants, or pulled a "Dick Cheney".

Col. Milquetoast said...

If Obama ever took a loaded firearm in hand,

he would likely say "I'm not like those bitter clinging serfs so it's ok if I have one."

RebeccaH said...

he is aware of the difference, isn't he?

No. Next question.

Anonymous said...

Obama's shot Boehner in the pants a couple of times. Does that count?

Michael Lonie said...

Boehner shot himself.