Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Update

I wrote here about Yalumba winery's huffy decision to refrain from doing business with the NRA's wine club. Steve at the Pub has more (from the comments section of the original post):

This feller ain't representative of the Ozzie wine industry. He's a born-to-rule type, with fancily coiffured blonde hair, and he affects the mannerisms and suchlike of a central European count or something.

He's not only half a mile up himself, he's a bloody fool. He's just undone quite a bit of careful work in the North American market by the Australian wine industry.

Give him his wish - he wants his wines off wine lists, go ahead & do it!

He's off mine. The current lot of their stuff I've got in will be the last. Nor will I be again drinking Yalumba when I'm out on the town.

Furthermore I'll do my best to spread the word.

Most of all, he's wrong. The company was built into what it is by his grandfather, a man who was noted for extensive "wine selling trips" to India/Africa etc, which resulted in lots of big game trophy heads.

What a dickhead the grandson turned out to be.

2 comments:

Mr. Bingley said...

He's off the menu at Chateau Bingley.

RebeccaH said...

I don't recall ever seeing a Yalumba label, but I'll be watching it for avoidance from now on. In face, next time I'm in our local superstore wine section, I'll search it out and drop a word to the management.