Friday, April 29, 2016

I'm tempted to say that this is the dumbest thing you'll read all day...

...but the day is young, and leftist morons are everywhere. Still, it's bound to stand out. Jason Curmi in The Huffington Post:
The main problem with the notion of self-defense is it imposes on justice, for everyone has the right for a fair trial. Therefore, using a firearm to defend oneself is not legal because if the attacker is killed, he or she is devoid of his or her rights.
One of the commenters at the linked site has a good response: "It’s funny, I have always thought that the lack of a trial had MANY benefits, and that’s why self defense shootings were so…beneficial."

6 comments:

rinardman said...

...because if the attacker is killed, he or she is devoid of his or her rights.

Well, if the person being attacked is killed, he or she is devoid of his or her rights.

So what's your point, sunshine?

JeffS said...

Alas, the day is indeed young. I'm sure that we haven't reached Peak Stupid yet.

RebeccaH said...

Somebody who gets himself killed committing a crime has already forfeited his rights.

Deborah said...

Jason Curmi, participant in contest for Stupidest Lefty. (I know "Stupidist Lefty" is an oxymoron.)

Would Jason be concerned about a fair trial if he and/or someone close to him were attacked?

missred said...

I have a headache from my head making contact with my desk. If I didn't have hope, I would despair

Anonymous said...

In choosing to commit a crime, the criminal forfeits certain rights.